Friday, June 11, 2010

Signs of the Times

I really loved all the old signs, storefronts, and architecture in Richmond, so I put this little photo essay together. However instead of trying to put a written essay with it, I'm just going to put titles or little stories from my trip.



Our hotel was actually an old department store, Miller and Rhoads, that they renovated and restored. They kept the original sign on the building. When the hotel was finished they had an old employee who had written the history of the hotel come stay in one of their suites, which happened to be his old office.



Coca-Cola


The American Wholesale Barber-Beauty Supply.





Wise words from Jim.



Amazing pancakes. And biscuits.



This saying was on a small plaque that was sort of hidden on the wall of a doorway of a small fabric shop. The shop was closed when we walked by, but we peeked in the window and it looked like they still lived by their motto of quality.


Currently: sightseeing. I visited the Jefferson Memorial today.

2 comments:

  1. I love the signs. I never notice such things, but now when I'm downtown I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for such cool things! I am quite jealous of your ability to find stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your American Barber Beauty Supply..can't quite live up to my PUMPKIN PIE BEAUTY SUPPLY--by far my favorite drive by site this year. I smile everytime I see it.

    ReplyDelete