Saturday, October 16, 2010

I've Loved You So Long

It's been awhile since I've been to international cinema. Every time I've thought about going this semester something has come up. Tonight it worked out that I had nothing going on and they were showing a French film I've been wanting to see!

The movie was I've Loved You So Long (Il y a longtemps que je t'aime). It's about a woman who is getting to know her family after being in prison for 15 years. Kristin Scott Thomas does a wonderful job playing the main character (Juliette), but I really, really loved Elsa Zylberstein, who plays the sister (Lea). I just thought her character seemed so real. I wasn't really sure where the whole movie was going to end up, but I actually ended up really liking the last scene.

Well I don't want to give anything away, but I liked the movie and I loved hearing people speak French again. Click here for the trailer if you want to see more!



Also: I realize it's been a while since my last post! But I promise I will be better!

Currently watching: Modern Family

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I went to this too! I liked it. I'm so glad I saw you today and am so excited to plan our party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the scene at the dinner party--the contrast of the seriousness of what she was saying and the contrast of everyone believing what she said was a joke. I felt worn out emotionally after this movie but LOVED it.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete