Sunday, May 8, 2011

Banana Cream Crepes

First things first: Happy Mother's Day. I didn't see my Mom today, but luckily she was just here for my graduation so it hasn't been too long (Love you Mom!!). If I was closer by I would have made her something delicious ... like crepes (Mom feel free to remind me of this when I come home in August). Which brings me to my post today.

One day I was walking through the bookstore and found this book:


An entire book of crepe recipes, on sale, no less. I couldn't resist. However due to my crazy school schedule I didn't get a chance to try it out until recently. For my first recipe I made the basic crepe with banana cream topping. Emily helped me out.



It made for a delicious breakfast. We also had bacon (yum). Emily also had a waffle (we found a waffle that was similar to waffle treats we'd both tried on study abroad).


The filling was pretty simple. I used whipping cream, bananas, powdered sugar, lemon juice, and just a pinch of nutmeg. It came out pretty good, although it made a lot more filling than I expected (I doubled it before I realized that one serving was more than enough banana cream for all). It also had a strong banana flavor. I think next time I would do a little less banana for a subtler flavor.




We also had other crepe toppings like jam, sugar and lemon juice, and whipped cream. I can't wait to try some more of these crepe recipes.

Currently watching: Holes. Which makes me want to read Holes again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment