Saturday, February 28, 2009

Zac Efron and Joe the Plumber

So I know I said I'd write about the actual award portion of the Oscars, but let's be honest. By now everyone has moved on. I will however, give you my highlights:

  • Hugh Jackman singing (I can't help it, he's amazing!)
  • Anne Hathaway's role in the opening number
  • Slumdog Millionaire winning EVERYTHING
  • Zac and Vanessa appearing in the middle of the musical montage ( I was also fairly perplexed by this, lol)
  • Ben Stiller's Jaoquin Phoenix Impression
  • Jack Black's pixar joke

Ok so now my chatter about the Oscars is over.

This week my world has been fairly average. I've been swamped with school work, which leads to this sort of weird phenomenom where I am not exposed to the real world a lot. I always find this kind of funny. I hope if there was some major world event going on during Midterm week that someone from the outside world would take the time to call me. Or at least put out an informative facebook status. Anyways the point is every once in a while I get a glimpse of how skewed my view of the world is. I know there was major bailout stuff going on, but honestly I was always so tired when I got done with my school stuff that I never wanted to read those articles. I wanted to read something lighter and more entertaining. So sadly world while you were out there creating valid news stories and reporting on important events, these are the top 3 most important stories out of all the news that made it through to me this week:

  1. Joe the Plumber had a dismal book signing
  2. Cheapest Car ever manufactured is released on the market ($2,500 starting price)
  3. KFC employees are tricked into spraying all their fire hydrants and taking off their clothes by prank phone call

I know, there's not even a Heroes recap in there, that's how much stuff I've had to do. Oh well, I can always start being an informed citizen next week, right? But seriously I feel strangely disconnected so I have made a goal to catch up on real life as soon as my English paper is officially turned in (Monday at 11).
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment