Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Weekend Update

So this past weekend we had an extra day off for President's day, so Lara and I decided to take a road trip. We went to Idaho to visit some friends at BYU in Rexburg. I was a total wimp about the cold though. I had to bring out my blue puffy coat from retirement :) Anyways, we did a bunch of things, I got to:Visit Kimberly and David, eat snow, pretend to be one of Karen's roommates for 3 days, go sledding for the first time, eat at Jack in the Box [Oh! J in the B how I have missed you], play psychology, explore BYU-I Campus, discover the only pizza place in rexburg that will deliver after 11, find all our doppelganger apartment complexes (they have a Riviera, a Carriage House instead of Carriage Cove, etc.), and... Lars and I even managed to hit up Mayan Adventure for some jungle themed madness on the way home. So all in all a pretty awesome trip.

After that it was just back to life as usual. Which basically means I came home and watched SNL (Alec Baldwin and Jack McBrayer!!!) on my tivo when I should have been doing my never ending amount of French homework. Which might explain why the test I took tonight pretty much killed my brain. Although in my defense there was a good amount of studying done today before said test. I just wasn't in a good test taking mood. The testing center was unreasonably warm and completely full, giving it that claustrophobic feeling. Also, I feel I am never really done with French homework. It is pretty much constantly happening. You'd think with this constant exposure to the language I'd be pretty on top of it by now, yet I still confuse How are you with What is your name? But don't worry my education has not been a complete waste. I can tell time, point out items at a grocery store, sing the Flight of the Conchord's Foux de Fa Fa song, and say a variety of generally enthusiastic expressions. C'est Incroyable! Quelle Chance! Super!

Currently obsessed with: Boba drinks from DEW
Currently reading: As I Lay Dying, William Faulkner

1 comment:

  1. It was so much fun to have you come up! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete