Monday, May 25, 2009

Summer Books

One of my favorite things about summer is that I get to read. I usually don't get to read very much outside of school assigned texts during fall and winter semesters, but during summer break I usually get to read all I want. I try not just to read one type of book or genre. I usually read a lot of light fun novels, but I try to mix in some more "serious" literature, if you want to call it that. My to-read list for this break is already very very long. I can't help myself. Right now I'm reading this cure little Sarah Dessen book I picked up today; it's perfect for summer reading. Already since I've been home I've read a least 4 novels. I love it when you really get sucked into a book. You don't want to go anywhere or do anything, but read. I also love snuggling up with a good book right before you fall asleep. In fact I don't have a bookshelf right now, I just keep all the books I want to read in various little stacks and piles around the lamp next to my bed. When I finish one I just reach down and start another. However, I think my absolute favorite thing about reading is when you have an unexpected, can't put it down, read it three times, makes you smile out loud as your reading it, book find. There's something about being surprised with something great that makes it even greater.

Currently admiring: My latest accessory purchase, a teal purse
Currently on my book list: A few things by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, A good fantasy to replace my twilight fix, Blessed by Toni Morrison, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See, Obedience by Will Lavender, More Sarah Dessen novels, 1984 (Can you believe I never read that?), and any good suggestions of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment