Saturday, September 19, 2009

Photo Blog

Today I finished my first photography assignment. It was my first attempt at a photo essay, hopefully it goes well.I originally posted on the BYU in Paris blog. But I thought I should also post it here:





My first impression of Paris was movement. The streets are always full of people, motorcycles, cars, and bicycles. Then you go in the metro and you realize the other half of the city is doing the same thing underground. It’s not that surprising since there is always so much going on here. The city is always lively and compelling. Every sidewalk has some sort of attraction, whether it’s some crazy street performers or some funny tourists (I’m sure I’ve provided some entertaining moments for a few people). I love how getting around here can be just as interesting as your destination.

I took this picture one evening as my roommate and I were walking to dinner. Streets were still busy, and shops and cafes were still crowded with people. As our day was winding down, the rest of the city was still in transit, moving on to the next destination.

Link to bigger picture (Mine is a tiny bit cut off here): http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu312/AmeliaNydia/Paris067.jpg

Currently: avoiding homework

3 comments:

  1. nice photo! I love how you captured the train's movement. What was your shutter speed?

    I love reading your posts, Mimi. I love you and hope you are having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I love the view from your apartment. neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly have no idea what my shutter speed was(the default setting I guess). I was just walking around with my roommate and randomly took this. Hope everything is going well at BYU. <3

    ReplyDelete