Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Betrayal of Flavio

This weekend my roommate and I went to a play called the Betrayal of Flavio (put on by BYU). The play was an example of Commedia dell'arte , a type of Italian theatre that involves wearing masks and incorporating improvisation. I had never been to a play like this before and it was a lot of fun. I didn’t realize how much they involved the audience. The actors asked questions to the audience, pulled people on stage, borrowed hats, and got up and climbed into the seats surrounding the stage. One character even borrowed my purse for awhile (He also told me my hair was curly like a never ending flower, lol). My favorite character was the old man (his name was pantalone or something like that). The girl playing him was great at improvisation. Plus she had a really good old man’s voice.

Currently: hoping snow doesn’t come to Provo today

No comments:

Post a Comment