Sunday, January 24, 2010

Goodbyes

So this week I have been really busy so I don't really have any interesting or unusual events to report (although I did have a fun reunion with some of my amazing study abroad friends). In fact this week has been a marathon of writing. I've written 3 essays, an internship application, a church talk, and I still have a paper to finish (which I'm neglecting to write this blog entry). I think I'm starting to think in narration form, and not in the fun J.D. from scrubs way (and also not the oh-so-contemplative Meredith from Grey's Anatomy way, thank goodness).

I also managed to watch some TV this week. Aside from my usual dose of Psych (I'm slowly but surely working through DVDs) and my weekly fix of 30 Rock, I caught Conan's last episode of the tonight show. I don't usually watch the tonight show, but I'd been seeing lots of clips from the late night drama going on between Conan and Jay Leno and was interested to see how he finished off his run on the tonight show. I loved his farewell speech (Watch it here). He was full of gratitude and really finished the show in the best way possible. The last part of his speech really impressed me.

"All I ask is one thing... Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. For the record it's my least favorite quality. It doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen, I'm telling you it's just true."

What a great way to say goodbye, I can't wait to see what he does next.


Currently: Content and sleepy

1 comment: