Sunday, May 30, 2010

Making Dinner

Recently I discovered this really easy braised balsamic chicken recipe.

It's pretty simple. First season the chicken with garlic salt and pepper. Then brown the chicken (see picture on the left) in olive oil and onions (I usually cook until the onions are translucent).

Next pour the balsamic/tomato/herb mixture on the chicken and let it simmer for about 15 min. Then your done! You can serve it plain or on rice. I've made this for my family in Texas and my aunts here. Everyone liked it.

Here are the measurements for the mixture you put in at the end ( works with 4-6 chicken breasts):

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 can diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon rosemary
1/2 teaspoon thyme

I usually mix it all together in a bowl first and then pour it in a pan so the spices don't all gather together in one corner of the pan (you can see the finished product in the pic. above).

Anyways this is just a quick little recipe I've really come to like! Enjoy :)

Currently: enjoying a little weekend vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment