Wednesday, March 18, 2009

All the King's Men

I finally finished All the King's Men and, well, I loved it. I know that All the King's Men is supposed to be THE novel about American politics, but that is not what attracted me to the story. There is just something about Jack Burden. I know it is not just Jack's story, in fact some might argue that it is more of Willie's story (I have heard that is how the most recent film adaptation portrays it), but I found myself most interested in what Jack had to say. The way he splits himself into different identities. The great sleep. The great twitch. The way he describes people around him: Lois, his mother, the scholarly attorney. Now I am babbling, but it really is a great book. And now I really want to see the movie (the older one, I've heard the Jude Law version is a let down).

Obsessed with: sunny days

1 comment: