Friday, March 6, 2009

Lie to Me

So I was watching Lie to Me while I was cleaning my room and it just so happens that the show corresponded perfectly with a conversation my roommate and I had the other day. This week's episode talked about the idea of passive racism, the idea that people are racist without realizing it. My roommate and I actually had a really in depth conversation about this recently. We basically talked about how racism and being a racist are such charged words now that very few people will admit to being racist or that they benefit from a racist system. However, this does not mean that racism is being eliminated. Some people theorize that racism is just going to get worse because people are afraid to talk about. Anyways didn't mean to get so serious, but it's interesting to think about, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment