Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's a boat!

So I had a fabulous weekend full of dancing, ribbons, mocktails, Easter colors, glowsticks, and little origami animals. I went to a No Room for Wallflowers party, pennyroyal cafe, made invitations, saw some movies, and sewed part of a shirt collar. All in all it was a very productive weekend. Anyways today in church Sadie showed me the cutest little post it notes (wait, wait for it...) that had origami instructions printed on them so that you could make little origami swans, snakes, boats, cups, etc. out of them. We couldn't stop making them. Eventually we started writing names on them and gave them away via our ward's brownie note box. I hope people like getting tiny anonymous origami creations delivered to their doorstep.

Now I am baking, and hopefully my cooking adventures will go much better than last week's misguided attempts to make snicker doodles with the wrong amount of baking soda. They turned out rock hard, and I was so frustrated that I just left them there in big pile of sad misshaped cookies on the counter. Later Sadie labeled it "a cookie tower of shame". However I am feeling much more hopeful about this week's baking attempts ( I usually am a fairly decent cook!).

It's nice to have a lazy day. I am going to read, make more invitations, and perhaps watch a movie. Maybe if I am feeling crazy later I will take a nap.

Currently baking: Lemon Squares
Currently excited about: Jamie feeling better and Megan coming back to Provo
Current song stuck in my head: 1,2,3,4... by Feist

No comments:

Post a Comment