Sunday, November 1, 2009

A few of my favorite things

Ok so instead of inundating you with my usual marathon stories of the events and historical artifacts I've seen recently I thought I'd simply write a list of my ten favorite things about Paris study abroad so far (By the way I considered not making the title the obligatory Sound of Music reference, but yeah...couldn't resist).

1)Favorite French habit

Fresh bread and cheese at the end of dinner every night. Yum.


Look at all those yummy cheeses.

2)Favorite Dessert

Chocolate. All this fancy foreign chocolate has ruined me.

3)Favorite Day Trip

Monet's garden. I went twice.



4)Favorite Museum

Right now it's a tie between the Tate Modern in London and Cite de l'architecture & du Patrimoine. Haidy and I wandered in the last one this afternoon, and I wasn't expecting much. But it was just so fabulous.Maybe that's why I like it so much; I've always loved surprises. However I still have many, many museums on my list.

5)Favorite Snack

Sea Salt and Vinegar chips. I got some at the train station in London and fell in love.

6)Favorite Parisians (aside from my wonderful host family of course)

Dog owners. They take their dogs everywhere here. It's hilarious.



7)Favorite place to sit

By the Pompidou center. There are always tons of people doing street performances or some other crazy thing. Very Entertaining.

8)Favorite Walls

Fontainbleau. Ceilings are pretty awesome as well.



9)Favorite fashion trend

Scarves. Seriously I wear one almost every day.

10)Favorite Pastime

Wandering. You never really know what you'll run into here.



So basically I just wanted an excuse to post a picture of this cute little teapot store (I actually encountered a cuter one, but my camera was MIA so this one will have to do).



Currently: Enjoying the sound of rain outside my apartment and catching up on SYTYCD

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad we are blog friends and I can read your blog during the week. Reading about Paris puts me in a happy place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, every time I see a commercial for SYTYCD I laugh 'n wonder if you're finding a way to watch it. Nice to know that you are!

    ReplyDelete