Wednesday, March 9, 2011

To My Fellow Readers

I finally joined BookReads! I'd heard of it before, but I'd never taken the time to check it out. My friend Emma suggested I join. I can't wait to explore the site. I love talking about books so this should be fun.

Although I think I'm going to have to get tougher about rating things. I noticed that in the initial ratings they have you do when you sign up I kept leaving a row of stars blank rather than rate a book low. It's like I was worried about hurting the book's feelings. lol.

This has also prompted me to think of some of my favorite YA and Middle Grade books:

The Wanderer, Sharon Creech (I haven't read this in years, but when I first read this something stuck with me. I read it over and over)
Princess Diaries, Meg Cabot
Ella Enchanted, Gail Carson Levine
Holes, Louis Sachar
Maniac Magee, Jerry Spinelli
Face on A Milk Carton, Caroline B. Cooney (I suppose this falls under that last category, but this one I was really into) All mystery books really; I don't think I ever got over my Nancy Drew phase.
Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling
Blue Sword/ The Hero and The Crown ( I don't really love rereading these, but I remember being so enthralled when I first read them)
The Truth About Forever, Sarah Dessen
Christmas in Heaven, Carol Lynch Williams (I read this before I took her class, and I just adored it)
Everything is Fine, Ann Dee Ellis (So sad. So good.)

Oh, and now time for some shameless promotion.

I love reading. This you know. If you didn't know it, you probably got it loud and clear after reading my enthusiasm about GoodReads.

I also love reading Throwing Up Words, a blog with Ann Dee Ellis and Carol Lynch Williams (wonderful people and authors who I am lucky enough to know in real life). You might have noticed it on my sidebar before (TUW, netflix, and the artorialist are my favorite forms of internet procrastination). Anyway, TUW has introduced me to a book blog that looks like a lot of fun. It's called Room on the Shelf (http://cherylynne.blogspot.com/) and Cherylyee (blogger in charge) happens to be having a big fat giveaway (50 books up for grabs and you can enter multiple times, for posting links and stuff like that). I mean really who doesn't love a free book?

So heads up fellow readers.

I've also become recently obsessed with finding authors and book twitter feeds. I used to get really bored with twitter, but following the right people makes all the difference.

So what have you all been reading? Any favorite books you want to reminisce on? Or suggestions for my first GoodReads review?



Currently reading: The Drowning Pool, Ross Macdonald (for my American Detective fiction class)
Currently craving: Ice Cream


No comments:

Post a Comment